I made this cake two years ago for a relief society party. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of the process, but it is pretty easy to explain. It is actually really easy - just a little time consuming - but way worth it!
What's a burger without fries? (and fry sauce!)
WHAT YOU NEED:
*3 cake mixes. 1 chocolate (burger) 1 yellow (bun) and 1 angle food cake (fries)
*Frosting (I used homemade)
*Fondant (for cheese and lettuce)
*Rice crispies (sesame seeds)
1. Bake yellow cake as directed in two 9 or 8" rounds (this will be your bun) Fill one pan more than the other (this will give you a nice mounded top for your bun top - and a thinner bun for the bottom. (I cut the rounded top off the bottom only)
2. Bake one 8 or 9" round for hamburger patty (use the same size pan as your buns) - if you want it extra thick bake two and stack together. I only used one.
3. Frost: Add yellow and red die to frosting until desired bun color - frost bottom bun.
4. Mix extra chocolate cake crumbs into your chocolate frosting so it is lumpy, this will give it the burger texture, and frost it on top of your bottom bun. Make sense?
5. Fondant time (this only takes a very small amount) mix in yellow die (and a tiny drop of red) to get the cheese color. Roll it very flat and cut into squares, then cut the squares in half crossways to make triangles.(you don't need a whole square because it wont show)
To make the lettuce die your fondant green and roll out randomly. I tore the edges and just kind of crinkled them till it looked like lettuce.
Put these on top of burger patty.
6. Put yellow and red frosting in tubes and squeeze around edges for mustard and ketchup.
7. Put on the top bun and frost, then add rice crispies for sesame seeds.
8. FRENCH FRIES: Mix the angel food cake according to directions. Add yellow food dye (just a little) you might need a drop of red. Bake it in a sheet pan (large cookie sheet with a 1" edge on it) I can't remember the bake time - but it is shorter than the time for a 9x13. Just watch it. When it is done, cut the cake into 1"x 4" rectangles. I did mine different lengths - like fries! :)
9. For the "ketchup" and "fry sauce" (for us utah and idaho folks)
Ketchup: put strawberries in a blender and puree them. Then add desired amount of sugar. I bought cheap bottles at walmart (dollar store has them also) and cut a larger opening.
Fry Sauce: coolwhip with yellow and red food dye (EASY!)
When you eat the fries put the strawberries and coolwhip on them - so yummy!!!
10. Sit back and enjoy the yummy cake and all the "ohhhs" and "ahhhs!" You will get them!
Thanks to BRIDGETTE and REBEKAH at All Thingz Related for picking this as one of their Favorites! I am honored!!!
Nail Polish Holder
4 hours ago