Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Porch

For 4 years now, I have had a dream of what I wanted my porch to be like, I wanted it to be an extension of my home, and I wanted it to be beautiful. The front of your house is the first thing people see, and I wanted it to make a good impression. Here is what it looked like before, not bad, but no WOW factor.


After years of dreaming, I finally have my porch the way I want it!!!



I Bought my oval wreath at Tia Pan - it was pricey but I had a rare coupon, so I splurged!

I wanted a wreath to match my door one, so I bought a boxwood garland for $6 at Tia Pan, and wrapped and wired it to a $1 wire frame from Hobby Lobby (TOTAL = $7!)

I bought this table on KSL for $7.50:

I used some leftover red spray paint to beautify it. I also added some black glaze to darken and antique it a bit, but I took this photo before I did that. oops! Here's the after:

I bought $12 worth of fabric at JoAnnes for the pillows, used my serger to sew a 16x16" square, then I stuffed it with stuffing I have had for years and stitched them closed!

It was a long time coming, but WAY worth the wait!!! My husband and I spend so much time in our little rockers, (funny, I always thought we would be old when we would sit on rockers on the porch - maybe we are getting old?) Those rockers have already had miles rocked away on them, LOVE it!!! (Just one more look!)

Now I can sit back and enjoy a warm summer in the shade of my lovely porch!
Happy Summer!

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

OMigosh, I love your porch! I love it before, too - but now it looks super cozy and inviting. Who wouldn't want to rock away the hours there? :)

Jill said...

I love this! Just a few simple changes and it makes it such a welcoming, comfortable place! Great job!

Judith @ Creating Balance said...

Wow-I'm so jealous of your rocking chairs! Love the simple transformation!

Kerstin said...

I'm totally loving it! I'm in the middle of redoing my porch too, its a fun spot to makeover! Great job.

Kelley said...

Love! Jealous&Bitter...lol. Now I have got to re-do my porch. Yours is so inviting!!

Tiffany said...

It was cute before, but now it is way cute. Very cozy! Enjoy your summer on the porch! It amazes me how a few simple changes can make a BIG change!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Oh I love your porch! I would love to come over and just sit and enjoy! :) BTW - love the name of your blog!

And thanks so much for stopping by my blog, too! :)

Kristi Flanagan said...

Oh I love your porch!!!! I'm jealous of how big it is too!!! Thanks so much for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

Your porch looks great! I love the rockers you have and the fabric you chose is super cute too. Someday my porch will look cute too. I hope.

Liz Smith said...

It looks so good!!!! you're so creative!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

What a lovely porch!

N.C.Fabric Junkie said...

Heyyyyyyy Great Job with the eye apeal! Make's you want to walk right up and sit right down" We have just recently moved to the south and everyone around here has the rockers sitting on their porches" there is just something so relaxing about it. Hubby is going to put in a front deck while I am off to see the grandkids this summer so I am looking forward to adding those rockers to mine too!

Kulla Klan said...

Your porch is very cute! What is KSL? Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...