Thursday, July 8, 2010

Free Topiary (wall redo part 1)

I don't know if you guys are like me, but I never throw any left overs from projects away. I figure one day I might use it (even if it takes 10 years!)
Here is a topiary I made out of some "craft scraps"
This little ugly plant thingy was left over from a decoration I bought at a garage sale for $1. As ugly as it was, I just couldn't throw it away, and I finally found a use for it!

First thing I did was pull all those stringy stems out with some pliers. It was really easy - they popped right out! (of course I saved them!)

Second I gave the little pot a coat of OIL RUBBED BRONZE spray paint.
While that was drying I went around the neighborhood in search of a dead branch.
It took a little muscle, but I was able to just shove the branch right in.

The topiary part was about an 8" strand of boxwood garland that was leftover from the wreath I made for my front porch. I just kind of wrapped it into a little ball and stuck it on top of the stick.

Isn't it cute? I LOVE it!

The fact that it was FREE makes me love it even more!

Fits perfect on my mini shelf wedges that I will show more of in my part 2 post.

What treasures do you have hiding in your closets? :)

1 comment:

Kulla Klan said...

That's a cute idea and it looks great on that shelf! What an awesome (free ~ Yay!) decoration:) Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...