Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Do Believe In Spooks...

Sorry I have been MIA as of late, I needed some time to just relax and enjoy the last few days of summer with family and neighbors! But here comes my favorite time of year, so hopefully I will have plenty of projects to share!

I had so much fun with the last craft night, so I am anxious to do another! Hopefully it isn't too soon, but I want to do this Halloween craft, and if you want to enjoy it this year, we need to get it done.
Here it is:



The cost is $12 (sorry but this wood is pricier than a 2x4) It is about 6" high and about 3 1/2' long. It will be pretty much the same process as last time, paint the board black, sand it, and mod podge on the letters. Easy Peasy!
As usual I will supply everything, wall hooks and all, you just need to show up!
I am debating doing it on Thurs the 23rd, or Thurs the 30th. So for those of you that sign up, let me know which date you prefer and I will pick the date that the majority chooses. Can't wait!

For those of you who want to make one, but can't come: The font I used is ZOOBALOO from cricut. *I used the dot from the letter "i" for the "eyes" in the word "spooks" I just use a light cream card stock, and a 1x6 (or a 1x8) board from Home Depot or Lowes. (if you don't have saws, they will cut it to the length you want for you) I also used a dremel to antique the edges, but that is optional, I just like the "spooky" look it gives the board. Paint and distress your board and mod podge on your letters!

I always feel so special when someone features my projects! Thanks ladies!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Jeremy and Molly Horn said...

You know I'll be there.

Liz Smith said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! gosh, i so wish i could come to your craft nights. although i was just talking with my girlfriends about coming up with a fun project and i may just have to suggest this. hopefully you don't mind us copying. :)

Liz Smith said...

gosh, that's so nice of you to offer...you're so awesome. actually i do think one of my girlfriends has a cricut which is why i thought it may be fun to try it. if we decide to do it i will let you know. thanks a bunch!

MaryBerry Boutique said...

how CUTE! i have to make this!:) im a newer follower and have really been enjoying your blog, i would love to post this on my blog to let my followers see how adorable your blog is and get inspired:) Love IT:)
maryberryboutique.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I LOVE this, Maria!! Soooo cute : ) I can hear the cowardly lion saying, "I do believe in Spooks" in my head right now : ). I love the Wizard of Oz! Hope you're having a good week so far lovee. Lots of love!
Laura

Rachel said...

Love it! Love that phrase. :)

Kami said...

The last craft night was so much fun and I loved going home with a finished project...so I hope you don't mind, but I'm hooked...so count me in. Either night works for me. Thanks cute girl!

JP and Sarah said...

I want in this time. I missed out last time. You are my inspiration...either night works for me. Sarah

Windy said...

I will be there too for sure!

Jaquie said...

This is SO cute! Where do you do craft night? I would love to come!

Shari said...

I am in! Either night works for me! Super cute =)

Sassy Sites! said...

We featured you over at Sassy Sites today! Come by and check it out! Don't forget to grab a featured button!! xoxo

-Marni @ Sassy Sites!

Chelsea said...

I love it! I want to come!

Jenny said...

It's kind of a long commute but I totally want to come!

Donene said...

Love the sign and the phrase! So cute!
Can you help me out? I am in a contest because of a recent post that I did on my weight loss. There is a contest on Face Book and I need you to vote! I am so close and I don't want the other guy to win! Just click on the link below and like that page (up at the top) then in the left hand column find my picture( I’m the one in the black bathing suit) under photo's 4 of 14 click(SEE All) and leave a comment under my picture! Thanks!!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lehi-UT/Kristi-Approved/391083710513
You might have to copy and paste it into your browser

Ready Set Create said...

I absolutely L.O.V.E. this! I really wish I lived in your area! I may have to try and make one of these on my own. Such a great idea, thanks so much for sharing!
♥ Aleesha

Sandy Ang said...

It's so fun !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...